St. Johnsbury is experiencing tremendous change. New businesses moving in as old favorites move on. Fresh owners of historic buildings are redefining our streetscape. Our Town Plan helped planners apply for and receive grant support that aligns community efforts to access the riverfront and connect the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail with our Welcome Center. Things are coming together.
These and other community project happen because businesses and residents invest in projects that help keep our town inviting, dynamic, and attractive. It’s what we all want. It’s what brings new families to our neighborhoods and allows local retail stores to compete against online giants. And you can make a difference.
In the past year, the St. Johnsbury Chamber of Commerce
- hosted “Road Pitch” with Fresh Tracks Capital supporting local inventors and entrepreneurs;
- distributed an original community map & directory;
- connected over 4,000 people with St. Johnsbury though Facebook by posting to Discover St. Johnsbury and the St. Johnsbury Chamber of Commerce;
- promoted St. Johnsbury as a destination for visitors and businesses through editorial content and paid advertisements, in print and digital media and on radio, and our local access cable TV network;
- supported neighborhood beautification activities;
- provided access to incentives for downtown development including facade improvements, renewable energy investments and historic preservation through the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development tax credit incentives;
- organized events throughout the year that draw people to St. Johnsbury.
These and other activities are accomplished by volunteers working together through the Chamber’s Economic Restructuring, Design, and Marketing committees.
The St. Johnsbury Chamber of Commerce is both a business network and a Designated Downtown organization, part of the National Main Street Program. By combining the work of a Chamber with the structure of a Designated Downtown organization, we are able to serve the people and businesses of St. Johnsbury efficiently and effectively.
Want to join the fun? Contact Tara Holt, Executive Director of the St. Johnsbury Chamber of Commerce, to learn how you can make your town a great place to live, work, and play.