St. Johnsbury’s Victorian Holiday is the perfect way to get into the spirit of giving with treats, sweets, merry music, crafts, and a visit from Santa. Throughout the holiday season, St. J welcomes you to a downtown filled with Victorian charm and outstanding shopping and dining.
Here is a sampling of the activities that will be happening throughout St. Johnsbury:
- Christmas Bazaar (9AM – 2 PM) at Good Shepherd Catholic School (121 Maple St.) Baked goods, coffee, breakfast and lunch; raffle baskets; local vendors with great gift
- “Midnight in Winter” cards and crafts (9:30AM to Noon) at Catamount Arts Outback (115 Eastern Ave.) Make-and-take Victorian style greeting cards workshop for families. FREE and open to all; preregistration is requested, call 802-748-2600 ext 108
- Catamount World Chorus (11AM) at Catamount Arts Cabaret Room (115 Eastern Ave.) Children aged 7-13 from St. Johnsbury and surrounding towns perform songs from Scotland, South Africa, the Balkans and the U.S.
- Santa and his helpers(10AM to 3 PM) at our Welcome Center (Depot Square). Games, story-telling, and Santa Fund collection; crafts for kids of all ages with the Thaddeus Stevens School students and alumni
- Vermont Broadcast Associates Holiday Food Drive (10AM to 2PM) at Dunkin Donuts (473 Railroad St.) Share your holiday cheer by bringing canned goods and other nonperishable food to stock the cupboards.
- Cookie Walk (10AM to 1PM) at the Good Living Senior Center, St Johnsbury House (1207 Main St.) Home-made cookies and baked goods ($5/bag)
- Holiday Readings (1PM to 2 PM) in the St. Johnsbury Athenaeum (1171 Main St.) Readings, refreshments and music
- Fairbanks Victorian Holiday Open House (1:30 to 4PM) at the Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium (1302 Main St.) Crafts for giving and for decorating, holiday planetarium presentations, and seasonal sweets!
- Open House (1 to 4PM) at the St. Johnsbury History & Heritage Center (421 Summer St.)
- Anonymous Four: The Last Noel (7PM) at North Congregational Church (1325 Main St.) KCP Presents stellar a cappella harmonies for the holidays.